Program Manager - Conference, Event & Incentive Travel
Dragonfly Meeting Solutions Inc.is seeking a Conference, Event and Incentive Travel specialist to join our team in Toronto!
The Program Manager will have a broad scope of experience and manage a variety of projects for our roster of high-profile clients. They will assist in creating memorable events and organize seamless projects to ensure client satisfaction. He/she reports to the General Manager and works in conjunction with the Creative Production, Sales and Account Services. The Program Manager will handle a wide diversity of programs from simple to complex which vary on a weekly basis. This person will be responsible for implementing, organizing and planning all aspects of event, conference and incentive travel logistics.
If working in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment is for you, contact us at: email@example.com – please include your resume with your introduction email.
- Act as client liaison during planning and execution of all assigned projects.
- Lead, collaborate with, and provide direction to contractors and vendors.
- Utilize project management tools such as critical paths, banquet event orders, and agendas for all events.
- Produce all client communication documents in a timely manner.
- Provide creative and practical solutions for all program requirements.
- Research and source supplier goods and services as required for client programs (catering, décor, entertainment, AV, transportation, tours, activities, etc).
- Create the content and manage digital and print program branding with Creative Production.
- Create / assist with online registration website content development and reporting.
- Review and manage participant lists, rooming lists, air manifests, etc. as required.
- Travel on-site with programs when required.
- Monitor and track both deposit and cancellation dates on supplier contracts on every project in collaboration with the General Manager.
- Develop, foster and enhance positive relationships and loyalty with all suppliers and vendors.
- Act as a professional brand ambassador for Dragonfly at all supplier events.
- Work out of the main office in Thornhill, unless travelling or attending meetings.
- Flexibility in working days / hours due to client and industry events.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience must include:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma.
- 3-5 years of experience in project management with planning events, conferences and incentive travel programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership skills to guide diverse teams towards a common goal.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient with PC or Mac software, Microsoft Suite software – Excel & Word.
- Comfortable working with Dropbox and Gmail.
- Ability to travel world-wide: a valid passport is required.
- Driver’s license and vehicle is required.
- Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to organizational changes and challenges in the industry.
- Problem solving mindset.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Effective presentation skills.